What is Account-Based Everything?
Account-Based Everything (ABE) is the internal alignment of personalized marketing, sales development, sales, and customer success efforts to drive engagement with, and conversion of, a targeted set of accounts. The implementation of Account-Based model extends across the entire organization, including finance, product development, engineering, and the executive team. The primary focus is on driving the full-lifecycle revenue chain from marketing through sales and customer success.
For the last two decades, marketing and sales professionals are becoming more and more account centric. Target account selling has been around since salespeople started selling to big businesses. However, beginning in the early 2000s, the digital marketing revolution (e.g., Google AdWords, marketing automation, etc.) shifted B2B marketing focus to industrial-strength demand generation engines capable of delivering massive numbers of leads at scale.
Account-Based Everything is defined by five attributes:
- A targeted Ideal Customer Profile (ICP): High-value accounts that meet a CLTV target based on the number of employees.
- Data and intelligence-driven programs/campaigns: Account insights inform custom campaigns with high conversion rates.
- Cross-functional Orchestration: Alignment across Marketing, Sales, Sales Development, etc - outbound sales development is today’s most effective account-based tactic.
- Valuable and personalized buyer experiences: Customize customer workshops by leveraging their data.
- Coordinated high-frequency high effort outreach: Executive correspondence is best coordinated with a key marketing event.