Lead nurturing is a process of engaging your target prospects by providing personalized and relative content at every stage of their buyer’s journey. Lead nurturing campaigns help marketers build relationships with prospects and attract buyers to your business.
Nurturing leads is important to your business's success because the process of nurturing directly reflects on the target buyer’s decision to opt for your product or not. But nurturing is not about quickly getting the customer through the sales pipeline - instead, it’s about inspiring real engagement and keeping your brand at the forefront of your audiences’ minds throughout successfully recurring customer lifecycles.
How does lead nurturing process work?
There are a number of ways to nurture leads including targeted content, multi-channel nurturing, multiple touches, timely follow-ups, or personalization. Nurturing process takes new prospects on a personalized tour of your brand and your solutions. It allows marketers to play the part of helpful tour guides, sharing their brands’ stories with leads and inviting them to be a part of it all. For established customers, nurturing campaigns are reminders that they’re a part of your brand’s continuing story - and new chapters with more solutions (and sales) may be right around the corner.
Below is the list of step to establish an effective nurturing process:
- Identify the potential buyer: Before getting started with the nurturing process, it’s necessary to identify who you are going to nurture. Once a marketer identifies the target customers, they should proceed to define the profiles of all perfect buyers. With this information, a business can focus its lead nurturing strategies.
- Personalization: Your lead nurturing campaigns should be personal. Tailoring each email to the interests and behavior or even name and demographics of your leads and prospects, makes it resonate that much more.
- Your emails should never appear automated or like a mass "blast." Personalized nurturing campaigns require a lot of customer data, and it’s important for marketers to have a simple way to organize and act on all of that information. Personalized emails are extremely helpful towards the end of a leads sales cycle.
Leverage targeted content: Personalization nurturing for every buyer can take a lot of effort and resources for the campaign. Therefore, you need to leverage targeted content. While identifying your potential buyers, focus on creating a persona of your buyers. Once you have established unique personas, create an assortment of targeted content designed to nurture each of your personas based on their characteristics like interests, goals, objectives, and marketing triggers.
Automation: Lead nurturing campaigns powered by automation can change track based on the ways your audiences interact with marketing content. Email open rates, clicks, and other metrics are all collected in real-time with action-based triggers, and they automatically influence the selection of future content sent to prospects and customers.
You can use artificial intelligence to make real-time decisions about which content to send to which user. The technology can also deliver easy-to-digest reports with simple visual charts and graphs, giving you the detailed feedback you need to improve your nurturing efforts and connect better with your audiences.
Why use Lead Nurturing?
- More sales at lower costs: With lead nurturing, a company stands to benefit from more sales conversions while spending considerably less on traditional marketing strategies. This approach thus offers any brand a better ROI.
- Helps to build brand reputation: Through lead nurturing, brands develop and strengthen their presence by providing useful educational content to their subscribers. Moreover, lead nurturing allows a brand to show its customer base that it understands their concerns and can offer permanent solutions.
- Boosts engagement: With automated lead nurturing, a business can easily maintain engagement with leads who have already interacted with it. In case a specific lead has stopped viewing a brand’s offerings or visiting its site, lead nurturing is an excellent way to remind the lead about the business.