What is Sandler Sales Training all about?
Sandler Sales Training is a sales methodology derived from a 50 year old book The Sandler Rules. It is known to be one of the most effective ways of selling as it is aimed at securing wins for both sales reps and prospects. According to Sandler Sales training, the focus of selling should be on understanding whether the sales reps can really help the prospect or not and if the both are a good fit for each other. In other words, qualifying prospect should be more important than just selling at any cost.
7 steps of Sandler Sales selling method:
- Building a rapport - The first step is establishing trust and building rapport with the prospect by trying to understand their current situation.
- Being transparent - The next step is to ensure that the sales rep creates a safe environment and ensures transparency while discussing business.
- Identifying pain points - Having built a rapport, identifying the prospect's pain points can be used to qualify them.
- What's the prospect's budget? - Knowing the budget of the prospect helps sales reps in pitching the solution accordingly or letting go if the budget doesn't match.
- How will the decision be taken? - Before closing, the final step is understanding the key metrics that drive the prospect's decisions.
- Closing - This is the step where the sales rep poses their product as the solution to the pains of the prospect and closing the sale.
- Post-closing - The selling process doesn't end at closing but goes beyond to cover after-sales servicing and grievance redressal.
Implementing Sandler Sales Training in real-time with a process already in place can be tricky. The best way to go about doing this is integrating it with the existing process. This can be done by identifying each stage in the process with corresponding steps in the Sandler Sales method. Make sure you make the transition smooth for the sales reps who will actually work with the system.