Social selling is the process of using social media platforms to strategize and connect with your prospects. A strong social media presence positively affects your sales process. It is the new generation relationship builder as it helps convert prospects into customers.
What is a social selling strategy?
It is the strategy used to utilise social media platforms to identify and connect with your potential customers.
Formulating a social selling strategy can involve many steps such as:
- Adoption of a dynamic approach and identification of core principles.
- Social prospecting so that identification of potential customers is easy.
- Producing relevant content to connect with the prospects.
- Assessing the performance and closing the gaps in your social selling strategy.
Why is social selling important?
Here are few reasons why social selling is essential:
- It improves customer relationships by providing various opportunities to create connections with potential prospects. It has an advantage over traditional tactics like cold calling.
- Improves your Lead conversion rate as it builds more personalized communication with your prospects.
- Better reach through social media platforms as it is new and widespread globally. It helps businesses reach potential prospects anywhere around the globe.
- The social selling index is a great tool to track how effective your social selling process is. It can improve your social selling performance.
What could be the best networks for social selling?
The choice of the social media that the business uses depends on its target audience. Platforms like Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook can provide ease of communication and comfort of the more informal space whereas, LinkedIn is ideal for B2B companies targeting customers.
How do I start social selling?
Once you have chosen the suitable platform, the practices that you adopt will affect your performance to a great extent.
Few best practices to follow:
- Provide value: It is essential to show the brand's value and provide your customers with exciting and engaging content.
- Relationship with the right people: The effectiveness of this process will show colors when you are social listening. Monitoring your feedback, competitors, and your customer targets is essential.
- Build rapport: Invest time to build personalized relationships with your potential customers. It improves the analysis of customer trends and increases customer satisfaction.
- Consistency: Keep in touch and take regular follow-ups to extract the most value out of social selling.
Social selling example
Here are some tools and examples of social selling
- LinkedIn sales navigator: It assists you with outbound sales.
- Leadfeeder: Uncovers the anonymous visitors, increasing lead conversion rate.
- Upscale Engage: This chrome plugin tracks people from your inbox.
- Blogging: Relevant blogs concerning the doubts and information can boost customer satisfaction. Blogging attracts more potential prospects through online searches.
- Testimonials and case studies: They help you build trust with your prospects and grow your reach.